How to Write a Good Introduction to a Persuasive Essay?
Writing an introduction to a persuasive essay
Let’s remember what a persuasive essay is. In this work that also is called an argument essay, the writer persuades the audience to adopt their pint of view. In this paper the author needs to convince the readers to accept the certain idea, using strong logical arguments and evidence. So, how to prepare to writing this work and how to start a persuasive essay?
Our easy tips may be very helpful for you!
- Think about things you are going to write, and realize what side you take. Choose only that topic you are interested in.
- Define your audience and think how you could persuade them to take your point of view.
- Research your subject thoroughly, remember that you will need strong evidence in your writing.
- Make your future paper’s structure. Think in what order you will put evidence. Keep in your mind that your work should be logical and clear.
- Use strong facts to support your argument, but don’t forget to cite all sources properly.
This is how your essay’s structure must look like:
- Introduction – here the author should use a hook to grab the audience’s attention, and to provide readers with some background information about the subject. Keep reading this article and you will get to know how to write a good persuasive essay introduction for your paper.
- Body part – here you place arguments and support them by evidence. You have to put each particular point into a new paragraph.
- Conclusion – a short part where you are restating the main idea of your work and finish your essay logically.
How to write an introduction to a persuasive essay properly?
We can call the introductory paragraph the most important part of your work because here you have the only chance to make a good impact on readers. This part should clearly explain the essay’s topic as well as the author’s position. In general, an intro to a persuasive essay must have three parts:
- Attention catcher
- Thesis statement
- Preview (brief background information)
The attention catcher must be used in the very beginning of your work. If you’d not do it, the whole essay won’t persuade people to your point of view, and some readers would barely read the paper. A good catcher just pushes the audience to the writer’s position. We will provide you with a couple of examples:
Weak catcher: Do you think it’s good for minors to get tattoos?
As you can see, it’s just an open-ended question and it doesn’t show the writer’s opinion. So, the person wouldn’t be able to understand which side the author is arguing. It’s very important to make the writer’s opinion clear.
Strong catcher: Do you think minors should be allowed to get tattoos if they have parental permission?
This question is much better than the first, because here we can see the writer’s position and we surely know the answer. When you want your paper to be excellent, it’s quite important to learn to write good attention catchers.
Here is a list of interesting attention-grabbing techniques that could be helpful to write a persuasive essay introduction paragraph and grab your readers’ attention.
- Ask readers a question. This helps to get people concentrated on question and make them interested to read the whole work. In addition, you are persuading the audience from the very beginning, because you are bringing a question with a certain answer, so people can’t make any other point of view.
- Bringing a quote. This is a classy way to begin your work and make readers interested. Make sure the quote you found is connected with your essay’s topic.
- Telling an anecdote. If you are starting your paper with an anecdote, it’s a good way to get the audience’s attention and demonstrate your writing ability.
- Bringing a fact or statistics – this could be a good way to make people interested in reading.
- Combinations – you can combine these techniques, and begin with telling an anecdote and end with asking a question.
Making an introduction to a persuasive essay: help online
For some people, writing a good essay may seems a very complicated task. If you still feel unsure how to introduce a persuasive essay, don’t be disappointed! You can use a writing service’s help and get a great paper in the shortest term. Nowadays, there are many writing services that offers quality papers at an available price, so even a student can make an order. If you feel stuck with a question “how to write my introduction to a persuasive essay?”, don’t waste your time and get professional help from a writing service that will create a custom introduction to a persuasive essay. When choosing a proper service, turn your attention on next moments:
- Discover the company’s web page and find as much as possible information about writing process.
- If you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact customer support team – they must answer immediately. If they didn’t, you should look for another service.
- Figure out if you will be able to keep in touch with the writer during writing process. If no, then quality of your work may be low.
- Discover if the company has any discounts, return policy and if you will have to pay additional funds for proofreading and editing your finished document.
- Make sure the writing service keeps private information about clients secured.
When you need to make an introduction to a persuasive essay, writing service can be really helpful, especially if you are limited in time or your abilities are not very good. In any case, be very attentive and wise in choosing, and you will be able to get a successful work to impress your readers!How to Write a Literature Essay Introduction: Useful Tips you can read in next article